The margin for error is razor-thin in aerospace industry. Whether you need technology that performs in the air, the stratosphere, or the frozen vacuum of space, we can provide you the precise products and services you need.
We can provide top of the grade PFPE based lubricants from the DuPont Krytox range of Performance Lubricants.
Krytox® lubricants were initially developed by DuPont in the early 1960s specifically for the precise and demanding lubrication needs of the aerospace industry. Krytox® synthetic lubricants have since replaced hundreds of special-formula, hydrocarbon-based oils and greases throughout the aerospace and aviation industries, thanks to a long list of superior performance characteristics and certifications.
Suborbital, orbital and deep space flight– require ironclad reliability and lifetime lubrication for critical components that must operate flawlessly in high vacuum and extreme temperatures, as well as endure exposure to fuels, oxidizers and radiation.
Commercial, corporate and military aviation–demands safety, reliability and compliance with a wide range of precise military specifications, as well as reduced maintenance requirements.
Krytox® aerospace greases are available in grades conforming to/applicable under: MIL PRF-27617
- CAGE Code No. 50JY2 (manufacturing)
- CAGE Code No. 43S57 (business)
- FSN, NSN #9150-01-008-0498
- NATO #G-398
Krytox® perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based oils and greases provide a remarkable list of properties for aerospace applications, including:
- Unaffected lubricity and viscosity within a wide temperature range: -70 °C to 399 °C
- Stable physical properties over time – Krytox® lubricants are virtually unaffected by harsh environments like shock, vibration, heat, pressure and caustic chemicals such as rocket fuels and oxidizers, as well as being radiation resistant
- Resistance to vapor loss in a vacuum, such as during high altitude, orbit or deep space flight
- Excellent friction-reduction characteristics provide long wear and low energy consumption
- Compatible for use with most metals, elastomers, plastics, paints and finishes
- Nontoxic, non-flammable, inert and non-evaporative
Krytox® 240AB and 240AC greases are NSF H1-certified for incidental food contact in food processing areas, such as commercial airline galleys. World-class technical consultation tailored to the needs of the aerospace community.
Krytox™ 240 series greases are white, buttery greases with all of the same properties as the 143 series oils that they are made from, but in a grease form. Krytox™ 240 AZ, 240 AB and 240 AC meet MIL-PRF-27617 general specification.
Aerospace lubricant applications include:
- Bearings – all types, including high-speed bearings, synchronous motor bearings in gyroscopes, thrust & vector control bearings
- Seals – valves and pumps
- Lubricants for space suits
- O-rings – sealants, lubricants
- Oxygen breathing systems for vehicle and space suit valve and pump packing seals, mechanical seals and connectors
- Rocket engine assemblies: liquid-fueled turbines, gimbals, pumps, reduction gears, valves with fuel/oxidizer exposure, threaded fasteners and metal connectors
- Valve and thread lubricant for aggressive systems
- Wing flap actuator
- Traction motors on lunar rover
- Assembly fluid and mobile magnetic barrier fluid to separate oil and water.